News centre

Immigration New Zealand Hamilton public counter closing Thursday, 14 July 2017

From Friday 11 August 2017 at 2:00pm, the Immigration New Zealand public service counter at level 5, Westpac House Cnr Victoria and Alma Streets will be permanently closed and there will be no dropbox at this location.

Please apply where possible using our Online Services, or send your completed application by post or courier to the address provided for your application type on our Fees, decision times and where to apply tool.

Fees, decision times and where to apply

All Immigration New Zealand forms and guides are available online and can be downloaded from this website and printed as required.

If you are in the Hamilton/Waikato area and require any assistance with your current or upcoming  immigration application, call the Immigration Contact Centre on 0508 558 855. You can also send our Immigration Contact Centre an email.

Send us an email1

How do I receive urgent assistance if I live in Hamilton or Waikato?

If you urgently require assistance (for example you need to urgently attend a family event in your home country), please call the Immigration Contact Centre on 0508 558 855. If you require face to face service we will contact your nearest Immigration New Zealand office to arrange an appointment at a set time for you get the help you need. You will not be able to receive in-person service without a prior appointment.

Please ensure you give yourself enough time to receive the service you need if your matter is urgent.

Ensure you give yourself enough time and remain lawfully in New Zealand

If you are the current holder of an immigration visa it is important that you do not stay in New Zealand past the end date on your visa, and you should make all efforts to ensure that you are in New Zealand lawfully. You need to give yourself enough time to obtain another visa if this option is available.

  1. Click the green “Search” button and then follow the “Send us an online query” link in the bottom right of the screen under “Still can’t find an answer?”