- This is not current policy -
The policy in this manual ceases to be effective from 29 November 2010.
To see the current Immigration New Zealand Operational Manual go to
L2.15 Currency of limited purpose visas
Immigration Act 1987 s 14A
- All limited purpose visas are:
- current for travel until the date specified; and
- effective for one entry only (single).
- A limited purpose visa must not be issued unless the applicant's travel document is current for:
- at least 3 months beyond the expiry date of the proposed permit; or
- (only if the express purpose is urgent) one month, if the issuing Government has consular representation in New Zealand that is able to issue and renew travel documents.