- This is not current policy -
The policy in this manual ceases to be effective from 29 November 2010.
To see the current Immigration New Zealand Operational Manual go to
L2.5 Issue of limited purpose visa a matter of discretion
Immigration Act 1987 s 10
- No person is entitled to a limited purpose visa as a matter of right.
- Whether or not to issue a limited purpose visa to any person is a matter for:
- the Minister's discretion; or
- (unless there is a special direction in which the discretion is reserved to the Minister) the discretion of the appropriate visa officer.