- This is not current policy -
The policy in this manual ceases to be effective from 29 November 2010.
To see the current Immigration New Zealand Operational Manual go to
V3.55 Visiting Media Programme (VMP)
Immigration Regulations 1999 sch I
- Participants in the New Zealand Trade and Enterprise or New Zealand Tourism Board's Visiting Media Programme (VMP), who are from countries whose nationals are not required to hold a visitor's visa (see E2.1.5):
- may be granted a visitor's permit on arrival in New Zealand, and
- are permitted to undertake directly associated with their invitation under the VMP for one month from their date of arrival.
- Participants from countries whose nationals are required to hold a visitor's visa must apply for a visitor's visa and provide with their application a letter of introduction from New Zealand Trade and Enterprise or the New Zealand Tourism Board.
- Participants in the VMP are exempt from having to hold a work permit for one month from their date of arrival.
- Participants who wish to stay in New Zealand for longer than one month must apply for a work visa or permit.