- This is not current policy -
N2.1 Who must apply for a transit visa? (12/09/2005)
Immigration Act 1987 ss 2, 14E
Immigration (Transit Visas) Regulations 2005
Immigration Regulations 1999, Schedule 1, Part I and Part 2
- Subject to any special direction to the contrary any person outside New Zealand who intends to transit New Zealand either on the way to, or coming from, any Pacific Island destination listed in N2.5, and:
- is not exempt from the requirement to obtain a temporary visa for travel to New Zealand (see E2.1); or
- is not a person whose intermediate or final destination after transiting New Zealand is Australia and who holds a current visa issued by the Government of Australia to enter Australia; or
- is not the holder of another current visa to enter New Zealand,
must obtain a transit visa.
- Transit visa policy applies to any persons or class of persons to which a special direction pursuant to s14E has been made.