- This is not current policy -
P6.5 Educational (26/07/1999)
- Private student exchanges that operate on an alternating basis (whereby a New Zealand student attends an overseas school, after which the New Zealand school hosts an overseas student) are regarded as meeting the requirement for one-to-one reciprocity (see P2.15).
- Visa and immigration officers must:
- be satisfied that applicants for private educational exchanges meet the lodgement and health and character requirements for a student visa; and
- sight written confirmation from a New Zealand school that it accepts responsibility for the student's accommodation, maintenance and general welfare throughout the exchange, and for his or her repatriation if necessary; and
- sight written confirmation that the student's home school either has made or will make a place available for a New Zealand exchange student at an equivalent academic level and for a similar period of time.