- This is not current policy -
P3.5 Exchange Scheme Profile (26/07/1999)
Proposals made to the NZIS to establish an approved exchange scheme must provide information under the following headings:
P3.5.1 Organisations and scheme sponsors
- State who is organising the exchange, and give brief details of:
- the New Zealand sponsor, and
- the overseas sponsor(s).
- State whether the New Zealand sponsor is prepared to accept the obligations described in P2.20.1, and if so, attach written evidence of this acceptance.
P3.5.5 Participating countries
List the countries from which applications for entry to New Zealand under the scheme are likely to be received, and advise whether the immigration authorities in these countries are prepared to grant reciprocal permission for New Zealanders to participate in the scheme.
P3.5.10 Eligible participants
- Describe the type of person who will be eligible to participate in the exchange and state any prerequisites that the person must meet.
Example: Will all the participants be people who work in a specified occupational field or be people who are in a particular age group?
- Indicate whether or not participants may be accompanied by dependants.
Give details of the accommodation arrangements intended for inbound participants during their stay in New Zealand.
P3.5.20 Maintenance and employment
- If inbound participants will not be undertaking employment, give details of the maintenance arrangements intended for them during their stay.
Example: Will they be expected to bring, or have access to, private funds for living expenses while in New Zealand?
- If inbound participants will be working, describe the arrangements intended for paying them, and state whether they will be expected to make additional provision for their own maintenance (and, if applicable, the maintenance of dependants).
P3.5.25 Medical insurance
Give details of the medical insurance inbound participants will obtain (and details of medical insurance of any accompanying dependants).
P3.5.30 Length of the exchange
State the intended length of the exchange; and if exchanges will be for varying periods, indicate the minimum and maximum terms likely to be offered to individual participants.
P3.5.35 Expected annual numbers
- Indicate the number of inbound foreign and outbound New Zealand participants likely to be accepted under the exchange each year.
- If a quota will apply, state how often it is to be reviewed.
P3.5.40 Travel arrangements
- Describe the travel arrangements to and from New Zealand to be made by or for inbound participants.
- If participants and accompanying dependants will not have fully paid travel tickets at the time of applying for visas, attach a guarantee of repatriation from the New Zealand sponsor as described in P4.15.
P3.5.45 Selection of participants
Describe how participants will be selected, and if an application form has been devised, attach a copy of the form to the proposal.
P3.5.50 Other information
Include any additional comments on the exchange scheme under this heading.