- This is not current policy -
The policy in this manual ceases to be effective from 29 November 2010.
To see the current Immigration New Zealand Operational Manual go to
Immigration Act 1987 s 28
- Instead of evidence of funds for their maintenance and accommodation while in New Zealand, applicants for temporary visas and permits may produce evidence of sponsorship by way of:
- a fully completed Sponsorship Form for Visiting New Zealand, or
- at the discretion of the visa or immigration officer, some other acceptable form of written undertaking, particularly if applicants intend to stay more than 12 months.
- The sponsor must be:
- a New Zealand citizen, or
- the holder of a residence permit not subject to requirements imposed under section 18A of the Immigration Act 1987 (see RA40), or
- a person exempt under section 12(1) of the Immigration Act 1987 from having to hold a permit.