- This is not current policy -
S1.30 UN sanctions against certain groups (26/07/1999)
- UN sanctions have been imposed on the following:
- senior officials of UNITA in Angola, and
- members of the military junta in Sierra Leone, and
- all Iraqi officials and members of the Iraqi armed forces who were responsible for, or participated in, the condemned instances of non-compliance with earlier Resolutions of the Security Council, and
- members of the Government of Sudan, officials of that Government and members of the Sudanese armed forces.
- Under the sanctions:
- none of those groups may enter or transit New Zealand, and
- adult members of their immediate families (as designated by a committee established by the Security Council) may not enter or transit New Zealand.
- Visa and immigration officers must not issue residence visas or grant residence permits to these people, or otherwise allow their entry to New Zealand.