- This is not current policy -
FQ7 Undertakings of sponsors (01/10/2001)
A sponsor must undertake:
- to ensure that adequate accommodation in New Zealand is and continues to be available for their relatives; and
- to provide accommodation during the first 24 months of their relatives' residence in New Zealand if necessary; and
- to provide financial support during the first 24 months of their relatives' residence in New Zealand if necessary, and
- to repay to the Crown any costs to the Crown which result from their failure to meet their obligations as a sponsor and acknowledge that if those costs are incurred they become a debt due to the Crown.