- This is not current policy -
A9.20 Immigration status of complainants to be preserved (26/07/1999)
- While a complaint under the Ombudsmen Act 1975 is under investigation, the complainant's immigration status is preserved pending the outcome of the investigation.
- When a complaint is notified to the NZIS:
- if the complainant has a temporary permit, the NZIS will grant a further temporary permit of the same type (subject to receipt of formal application and payment of the appropriate fee); and
- if the complainant's permit has expired but no compliance action has been taken, the NZIS will not take compliance action until the complaint has been resolved; and
- if a removal order has been served, the NZIS will not execute it until the complaint has been resolved, and only then if that is appropriate.