- This is not current policy -
The policy in this manual ceases to be effective from 29 November 2010.
To see the current Immigration New Zealand Operational Manual go to
A7.72 Disclosure of Information overseas under...
A7.72 Disclosure of Information overseas under Section 141AA of the Immigration Act 1987
When releasing information overseas under Section 141AA the following steps are to be considered:
- Identify the agency, body or person that is to receive the information.
- Identify the information to be disclosed. Does it all come within s141AB(1)?
- Is there an existing agreement with this agency, body or person? Does it apply in the circumstances? If so, ensure that the disclosure is carried out in accordance with the requirement of “Releasing information under an agreement” (see delegations A15.25).
- If no agreement applies, consider whether an agreement should be developed.
- If the information is to be disclosed on a “one-off” basis check that the disclosure is carried out strictly in accordance with the requirements of s141AA (8) and (9) for “Releasing information without an agreement” (see delegations A15.25).
Note: If unsure when releasing information either under an agreement or on a one-off basis please contact the Department of Labour legal department for advice. Refer A15.25 for delegations for disclosure of information.