- This is not current policy -
The policy in this manual ceases to be effective from 29 November 2010.
To see the current Immigration New Zealand Operational Manual go to
U11 New Zealand Agency for International Development (NZAID) supported students
- An NZAID funded student is a student who receives funding from the New Zealand Government under the following Schemes:
- Aotearoa Scholarships;
- New Zealand Development Scholarships (formerly known as Study Awards Schemes and Postgraduate Scholarship Schemes);
- Short Term Training Awards;
- Commonwealth Scholarships;
- New Zealand Regional Development Scholarships (formerly known as Pacific Regional Awards);
- English Language Training for Officials (ELTO).
- The objective of NZAID Scholarships and Awards is to promote human resource development. NZAID scholars are generally required to return to their home countries immediately on completion of their studies (for at least 2 years) to contribute to economic and social progress through the transfer of knowledge and skills.