- This is not current policy -
The policy in this manual ceases to be effective from 29 November 2010.
To see the current Immigration New Zealand Operational Manual go to
F8.5 Parent Retirement Category requirements
- For an application to be approved under the Parent Retirement Category the principal applicant must:
- nominate funds and/or assets equivalent in value to at least NZ$1 million and undertake to invest them in New Zealand for a period of four years; and
- demonstrate ownership of these funds and/or assets and that they have been legally earned or acquired; and
- transfer and place the funds in an acceptable investment in accordance with the policy at F8.10.25; and
- nominate NZ$0.5 million of settlement funds and demonstrate ownership of these funds and/or assets; and
- demonstrate an annual income of at least NZ$60,000; and
- meet the Family requirements as set out at F8.20.
- The principal applicant and any secondary applicant included in the application must meet health and character policy requirements (see A4 and A5).