- This is not current policy -
The policy in this manual ceases to be effective from 29 November 2010.
To see the current Immigration New Zealand Operational Manual go to
N4 Group Transit Visa for Chinese Nationals
- Under this policy a group transit visa may be issued to a group of citizens of the People’s Republic of China who will be transiting New Zealand together.
- Each person within the group must meet normal transit visa requirements, as set out in N2.10 and N3.
- Applications for group transit visas should be lodged with the Immigration New Zealand branch in either Beijing or Shanghai.
- Visa officers must advise groups that:
- a group transit visa must be presented with the travel documents of the people named on the group transit visa form, and
- a leader must:
- take charge of the visa, and
- ensure that the group stays together as a single unit when transiting New Zealand.
Note: This policy reflects New Zealand’s international trade commitments (see E9).