- This is not current policy -
N2.1 Who must apply for a transit visa? (28/03/2008)
- Subject to any special direction to the contrary any person outside New Zealand who intends to transit New Zealand either on the way to, or coming from, any destination, must apply for and obtain a transit visa unless they are:
- exempt from the requirement to obtain a temporary visa for travel to New Zealand (see E2.1); or
- a person whose intermediate or final destination after transiting New Zealand is Australia and who holds a current visa issued by the Government of Australia to enter Australia; or
- the holder of another current visa to enter New Zealand; or
- a citizen of a country specified on the transit visa country waiver list (see N2.5).
- Transit visa policy applies to any persons or class of persons to which a special direction pursuant to s14E has been made.