- This is not current policy -
BK10.10 Retention of acceptable investment (26/11/2007)
- The will need to show that they have retained an in New Zealand for four years.
- Suitable evidence will include documentation from a reliable independent professional (for example, a solicitor or chartered accountant) stating:
- the full name of the investor; and
- the amount invested; and
- the date the investment was lodged; and
- the type of investment (in the case of shares, the names of the companies invested in and the number of shares purchased must be listed); and
- confirmation that the funds were invested in New Zealand for the full four years or, if transferred, the date of lodgement and withdrawal of the investment.
- In addition to (b) above, if active investment has been undertaken, additional evidence from a reliable independent professional (for example, a solicitor, chartered accountant, bank manager), is also required as follows:
- the full name of the business owner(s); and
- the full valuation of the business; and
- the date the business was established or a share holding purchased; and
- the percentage of share holding undertaken; and
- the amount invested in the business; and
- documentary evidence that demonstrates the operation of the business (for example, annual accounts).
- If the principal applicant has established or purchased a shareholding in more than one business this information should be provided for each of the businesses.
- If an investor has transferred funds between several organisations during the four-year period, principal applicants should provide letters from every organisation they have invested with. Lodgement and withdrawal dates will be checked to ensure that funds have been held continuously in New Zealand for the required four-year period.
- A business immigration specialist may request any other information in order to be satisfied that the above requirements have been met.
- Evidence that the requirements have been met includes:
- submission of the evidence required by paragraphs (b) to (f) no later than three months after the two year anniversary and the expiry date of the four-year investment period; and
- subsequent written confirmation on file (by a business immigration specialist) that the investment requirements have been met.