- This is not current policy -
The policy in this manual ceases to be effective from 29 November 2010.
To see the current Immigration New Zealand Operational Manual go to
genuine attempt (General work policy)
From policy: WG3.1 Evidence required from employers requesting approval in principle to employ a non New Zealand citizen or resident worker (General work policy)
WG3.1.1 Definition of ‘genuine attempts’
- For the purposes of this policy an employer is considered to have made genuine attempts to recruit suitable staff from within New Zealand if:
- the extent and nature of advertising or use of other appropriate means of recruitment is such that any suitable New Zealand workers would apply or be likely to apply for the position(s); and
- any specifications or requirements stipulated in a job description and/or ideal person specification are restricted to those specifications or requirements necessary to perform the work on offer; and
- the terms and conditions specified for the work on offer meets the New Zealand market rate.