- This is not current policy -
The policy in this manual ceases to be effective from 29 November 2010.
To see the current Immigration New Zealand Operational Manual go to
principal applicant (temporary entry)
From policy: E4.1 Who may be included in an application (Generic temporary entry policy)
E4.1.1 Definition of 'principal applicant'
- For temporary entry applications the principal applicant is identified as follows:
- for a visitor's visa, visitor's permit or a transit visa application, the principal applicant is the person who is declared to be the principal applicant on that application; or
- for work or student visa or permit applications, the principal applicant is the person applying for the work or student visa or permit.
- When the application is assessed, all persons included in the application will be assessed against the policy criteria, unless policy indicates otherwise.