- This is not current policy -
The policy in this manual ceases to be effective from 29 November 2010.
To see the current Immigration New Zealand Operational Manual go to
The INZ Operational Manual has the same navigation features as other websites:
- Breadcrumbs: these show you exactly where you are in the Manual. Clicking any of the breadcrumbs takes you directly to that piece of policy.
- Hyperlinks: any words underlined and in blue allow you to click on them with your mouse and be taken directly to further information. Visited links change to red so you know you've already clicked on them.
- Expanding menus: a plus icon next to a word in the contents means there are further topics grouped underneath. Click the icon to expand the menu. The icon will change to a minus icon to show the menu is fully expanded. The icon next to a topic means that there are no further topics beneath it.
- Tabs: these work like dividers in a ring binder. Select the tab by clicking on the header at the top.
- Toolbar: use the buttons on the existing toolbar at the top of your screen to move back and forward between pages and print. You can also use the restore down icon (top right) if you want to have the Operational Manual open at the same time as other screens on your computer.
- Up and down arrows: use the up and down arrows at the top of each page to move to the next piece of policy.
- Scroll bar: Increase or decrease the size of the left hand menu by running your cursor over the vertical scroll bar between the menu on the left and the main window until you see the double ended arrow . Hold the left mouse button down and move the mouse to resize the panes.