WI14.20 Generic Requirements
- To be granted a work visa under these instructions, applicants must:
- provide a completed work visa application form and fee; and
- have a full-time New Zealand job offer in one of the occupations listed in WI14.5, WI14.10 or WI14.15, which meets the requirements set out in W2.10; and
- meet the specific requirements relating to registration, qualifications and/or experience for their occupation, as detailed above; and
- meet health and character requirements set out in A4 and A5; and
- meet the requirements for bona fide applicants set out in E5.
- A labour market check is not required.
- Successful applicants will be granted a work visa and entry permission with the following conditions:
- first entry to New Zealand must be made within six months; and
- the work visa will be valid for multiple entries to New Zealand for a maximum of three years, depending on the length of their job offer.
- If the initial visa is valid for less than three years, a further visa may be granted for the balance of the three-year period, as long as the applicant still meets all the requirements of these instructions.
- Work visas granted under these instructions must be endorsed with conditions that allow work only for a specified employer in a specified occupation.
- On completion of the three-year period, applicants must remain outside New Zealand for three years before applying for a further visa under these instructions.
Note: These instructions reflect New Zealand's international trade commitments (see E9).