Y2.5 Passenger responsibilities on departure
See also Immigration Act 2009 ss 119, 120, 342, 344(e)
See also Immigration (Visa, Entry Permission, and Related Matters) Regulations 2010, reg 30
- Passengers are responsible on departure for:
- presenting themselves to an immigration officer at an immigration control area with a completed departure card; and
- producing their passport or certificate of identity to an immigration officer; and
- complying with any direction of an immigration officer; and
- in the case of passengers who are not New Zealand citizens - allowing biometric information to be collected (see A22).
- If a passenger is responsible for the care of a person who cannot comply with Y2.5(a)(i)-(iii) above because of age or disability, it is their responsibility to comply on behalf of that person.
- A passenger who, without reasonable excuse, fails to comply with the responsibilities set out above or completes a departure card in a manner that they know is false or misleading in any way, commits an offence and may be prosecuted.
Note: Y2.5 does not apply to people in New Zealand who are deemed to hold a visa and leave New Zealand other than at an immigration control area.