- This is not current immigration instructions -
U11 New Zealand Aid Programme-supported students (07/11/2011)
- A New Zealand Aid Programme-supported student is a student who receives funding from the New Zealand Government under the following schemes:
- New Zealand Development Scholarships;
- Short-Term Training Awards;
- Commonwealth Scholarships;
- New Zealand Regional Development Scholarships;
- English Language Training for Officials;
- New Zealand Pacific Scholarships;
- New Zealand Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) Scholars Award.
- The objective of the scholarships and awards is for candidates to gain knowledge and skills in specific subject areas that will assist in the development of their home country. Awardees are required to return to their home country for at least two years after the completion of their scholarship/award to apply these new skills and knowledge in government, civil society or private business organisations.