|You are here:
E4.65 How supporting documents must be submitted
- All documents submitted in support of an application for a temporary entry class visa must be originals, or certified copies unless uncertified photocopies are specifically requested on the relevant INZ form or guide or the application is made on an electronic form, in which case a legible scan of the original document must be provided in the manner specified by the online form or by an immigration officer.
- Certified copies must be stamped or endorsed as being true copies of the originals by a person authorised by law in the applicant's country or in New Zealand to take statutory declarations.
Examples: a lawyer, notary public, Justice of the Peace, or court official.
- Immigration officers should verify supporting documents as detailed in A13.1.5.
- A certified translation is required for all police certificates and medical certificates not written in English which are provided in support of an application for a temporary entry class visa.
- If requested by an immigration officer, a certified translation is required for any other documents not written in English and provided in support of an application for a temporary entry class visa.
- Translations must:
- not be prepared by the applicant, any member of their family or an immigration adviser assisting with the application; and
- be accompanied by the original documents or certified copies; and
- be certified as a correct translation made by a person familiar with both languages and competent in translation work; and
- bear the stamp or signature of the translator or translation business; and
- if applicable, be on the official letterhead of the translation business.
- Officers may request a translation:
- of the complete document where the translation is of a selected part(s) of the document, and
- by a different (specified) translation service where they are not satisfied by the initial translation.
Note: If a translation by a different (specified) translation service is requested the reason(s) behind the request must be clearly documented and conveyed to the applicant by INZ.