From instructions: RV1.10.10 Mandatory requirements for lodging an application for a variation of travel conditions, permanent resident visa or second or subsequent resident visa
RV1.10.10 Mandatory requirements for lodging an application for a variation of travel conditions, permanent resident visa or second or subsequent resident visa
See also Immigration (Visa, Entry Permission, and Related Matters) Regulations 2010, reg 6
An application for a variation of travel conditions, a permanent residence visa or a second or subsequent resident visa made outside of an immigration control area must be:
- made an approved form; and
- completed in English; and
- signed by the applicant (unless the applicant is less than 18 years old, in which case it must be signed by a parent or guardian of the applicant); and
- given to an immigration officer, together with:
- evidence of the applicant’s current or previous resident visa or visas; and
- the applicant's passport or certificate of identity, or if that is unavailable, his or her original full birth certificate (or certified copy) or other identity document (or certified copy); and
- two passport sized photos of the applicant’s head and shoulders; and
- the information and evidence required by the relevant immigration instructions to demonstrate that the applicant fits the category or categories of under which the application is being made; and
- any other information, evidence, or submissions that the applicant considers shows that he or she is eligible to be granted a new residence class visa or variation of travel conditions in terms of the immigration instructions; and
- the appropriate fee (if any).
- Before determining the application, an immigration officer may require the applicant to produce any photographs, documents and information that the officer thinks necessary or require the applicant to be interviewed by an immigration officer, to help in determining whether the applicant meets the requirements to be granted a variation of travel conditions or a new residence class visa.
Note: The passports of all persons included in the application must be submitted with the application.