- This is not current immigration instructions -
A16.1 General Instructions as to the order and manner of processing residence applications (29/11/2010)
See also Immigration Act 2009 ss 26(4), 411
Pursuant to section 26(4) of the Immigration Act 2009 and acting under delegated authority from the Chief Executive of the Department of Labour, I hereby give the following general instructions as to the order and manner of processing residence class visa applications under Government residence instructions:
- First priority will be given to the following types and categories of applications for residence class visas in preference to applications under other types and categories:
- Skilled Migrant Category (SMC) applications with job offers will have priority;
- All business categories;
- Residence from Work category applications :
- Talent (Accredited Employer);
- Talent (Arts, Culture and Sport);
- Long Term Skill Shortage List;
- Refugee Policy;
- Partnership and Dependent Child applications where the partner or sponsor is,
- a New Zealand citizen, or
- the holder of a permanent resident visa, and who has been absent from New Zealand for a period of at least two years prior to the date of the application being accepted for consideration apart from short visits within that period. (Note that in the case of a partnership application the New Zealand partner and the applicant must have been living together for 12 months or more in a partnership that is genuine and stable).
- Second priority will be given to the following types and categories of applications for residence class visas :
- Partnership and Dependent Child applications (other than those in instruction (a)).
- Third Priority will be given to the following types and categories of applications for residence class visas:
- Parent category;
- Adult Sibling and Adult Child category.
- These instructions do not prevent immigration officers according urgency to the processing of any particular residence class visa application when the individual circumstances so warrant that.
- The previous General Instructions made pursuant to section 13BA of the Immigration Act 1987 are revoked.
Group Manager, Service Delivery
Date: 21 July 2009