Y5.1 Definition of 'transit passenger'
See also Immigration Act 2009 ss 86-91
Immigration (Visa, Entry Permission, and Related Matters) Regulations 2010, reg 17
- The period of time for which a person may be in New Zealand as the holder of a transit visa is set in the Immigration (Visa, Entry Permission, and Related Matters) Regulations 2010 and is currently 24 hours.
- Transit passengers are persons who:
- arrive in New Zealand from another country while in transit to another overseas destination; and
- throughout the whole 24 hour transit period that they are in New Zealand, remain:
- on board the craft in or on which they came to New Zealand on; or
- in an immigration control area; or
- in the custody of the Police.