D5.30 Persons detained under warrant of commitment or released on conditions pending making of deportation order
See also Immigration Act 2009 s 322
- This section applies in the case of a person who was arrested and detained on the suspicion of an immigration officer or a constable that the person constitutes a threat or risk to security and who:
- is being detained pursuant to a warrant of commitment issued under section 317 or 318 of the Immigration Act 2009; or
- has been released on conditions under section 320 of the Immigration Act 2009.
- If the Minister decides not to certify that a person to whom this section applies constitutes a threat or risk to security, or fails to make a certification not later than 14 days after the initial arrest under section 313 of the Immigration Act 2009:
- the person ceases to be liable to arrest and detention under Part 9 of the Immigration Act 2009; and
- in the case of a person being detained under a warrant of commitment, an immigration officer must notify that fact in writing to the manager or other person in charge of the prison or premises identified in the warrant.