- This is not current immigration instructions -
A9.25 Procedures relating to correspondence from Ombudsmen (29/11/2010)
- The Deputy Chief Executive Legal in the Department of Labour is responsible for answering all correspondence from Ombudsmen about complaints made under the Ombudsmen Act 1975 and the Official Information Act 1982.
- Any other office approached about a case that is the subject of an Ombudsman's investigation must refer details to the Resolutions team, National Office, which independently reviews the issues and prepares a report to the Ombudsmen for the Deputy Chief Executive Legal to sign.
- All correspondence to INZ from Ombudsmen, including Official Information Act complaints, must be channelled through the Chief Executive and the Deputy Chief Executive Legal in the Department of Labour, who is responsible for:
- keeping an overview of the volume and nature of complaints; and
- if necessary, checking final draft replies.