A8.85 Consulting the Minister regarding policy information
- In requests for policy related information, INZ should consult the Minister of Immigration about whether or not to release the information:
- if it is a marginal case; or
- if the information is sensitive; or
- if the information contains advice to the Minister from INZ.
- In such cases, a submission should be sent to the Minister, which:
- details the information requested; and
- advises that INZ proposes to (as appropriate):
- release; or
- conditional release; or
- withhold the information; and
- quotes the relevant reference in the Official Information Act.