WR6.1 Requirements for the grant of a work visa
- To be eligible for a work visa under these instructions, applicants must:
- be in New Zealand; and
- hold a valid Work to Residence visa granted under WR6 Work to Residence (Skilled Migrant Category) instructions granted following the deferral of a SMC application made on or after 21 December 2005 and before 10 April 2007.
- To be granted a work visa under these instructions applicants must:
- provide a completed work application form, the fee and their valid passport; and
- provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to maintain themselves and any accompanying family members for three months in New Zealand, that is:
- (if they have pre-paid accommodation), a sum of NZ$400 per person, per month; and
- (if they do not have pre-paid accommodation) a sum of NZ$1,000 per person per month; and
- provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to purchase an outward ticket from New Zealand for themselves and any accompanying family members.
- Evidence of an offer of employment is not required.