- This is not current immigration instructions -
WR1.5 Who is eligible for a work visa under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Instructions? (29/11/2010)
- To be granted a visa under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Instructions applicants must:
- hold an offer of employment in New Zealand from an accredited employer; and
- be aged 55 years or under; and
- meet the health and character requirements for Residence set out at A4 and A5.15 to A5.25; and
- meet the requirements for bona fide applicants as set out at E5; and
- meet the requirements for lodging an application as set out in WR1.30.
- People whose applications are approved under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Instructions will be granted a work visa and entry permission allowing multiple entry travel and a stay in New Zealand for up to 30 months from first arrival.
- Work visas granted to applicants under these instructions will be subject to the condition that the applicant may undertake employment for an accredited employer only.
- Where, during the currency of a work visa granted under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Instructions, the holder's employer does not have their accreditation renewed or has their accreditation rescinded, the holder of that visa may:
- undertake employment for another accredited employer; or
- apply for a variation of conditions to their visa to enable them to work for an employer who is not an accredited employer. When assessing such applications for a variation of conditions, immigration officers will consider all the circumstances of the applicant and the reasons for which the former accredited employer did not have their accreditation renewed or had their accreditation rescinded. A variation of conditions will only be granted where the applicant is to be employed at a minimum base salary of NZ$55,000 per annum unless (e) below applies. (An application form, but no fee is required for this variation of conditions.)
- Despite d(ii) above, where an applicant applies for a variation of conditions to their to work for an employer who is not an accredited employer, the base salary offered must be no less than the base salary that was required at the time the initial work visa application was made. For applications made on and after 30 July 2007 but before 28 July 2008 the base salary required was NZ$50,000 per annum.
~ Where such a person fails to continue employment in the circumstances described in (d) (i) or (ii) above, they will not be eligible for residence under the Residence Instructions for holders of work visas granted under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Instructions.
~ For the avoidance of doubt, the minimum base salary excludes employment-related allowances (for example overtime, tool or uniform allowances, medical insurance, accommodation).
~ The minimum base salary is calculated on the basis of 40 hours work per week.