- This is not current immigration instructions -
WL2.20 Evidence (29/11/2010)
- Immigration officers must be satisfied that all documents provided as evidence of qualifications and work experience are genuine and accurate, and may take any steps they determine necessary to verify such documents and the information they contain.
- All documentation provided must be independently verifiable to an immigration officer's satisfaction.
WL2.20.1 Evidence of age
Evidence of age may include, but is not limited to, original or certified copies of:
- a birth certificate;
- a passport or other travel document;
- an identity card (from countries which require an identity card and where birth details must be confirmed before one is issued).
WL2.20.5 Evidence of meeting the qualification requirements
- Applicants must submit their qualifications and provide a New Zealand Qualifications Authority International Qualification Assessment (IQA) or Qualifications Assessment Report (QAR) unless:
- their qualification(s) is included in the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment (Appendix 3); or
- they have been awarded full or provisional registration by a New Zealand organisation authorised by law to give occupational registration, and registration involves an assessment that their overseas qualification(s) is comparable with a New Zealand qualification that is included in the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment (Appendix 3).
- Evidence of work experience for holders of trade qualifications (WL2.15.1) must satisfy an immigration officer that the work experience was genuine and meets the requirements set out in WL2.15.1 b.
- A letter or document issued by the relevant registration body is required to show that an applicant holds, or meets the requirements to obtain, registration in New Zealand.
WL2.20.10 Evidence of English language
Evidence of English language must meet the requirements set out for principal applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category at SM5.5.
WL2.20.15 Evidence of maintenance funds
Evidence of sufficient funds includes but is not limited to:
- bank accounts in the applicant's name showing current balance;
- travellers' cheques;
- bank drafts;
- recognised credit cards with sufficient credit available.
WL2.20.20 Evidence of meeting health and character requirements
Because applicants under these instructions must intend to find long-term skilled employment in New Zealand, their health and character should be assessed under the instructions applicable to people who intend to stay in New Zealand for a total of more than 24 months. Applicants must therefore supply:
- evidence of an acceptable standard of health by providing a fully completed Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificate (INZ 1007) (A4); and
- evidence of good character by providing police certificates from their country of citizenship and from any country in which they have lived for 5 or more years since attaining the age of 17 years (A5).