WI3 Personnel working in New Zealand as part of the Antarctic Treaty
- Members of, or a person associated with, any scientific programme or expedition under the auspices of a Contracting Party to the Antarctic Treaty within the meaning of the Antarctica Act 1960 who will be working on the mainland of New Zealand may be granted work visas and entry permission, valid for the period of their assignment.
- Applicants must meet health and character requirements (see WI3.1).
- Persons specified at WI3(a) above must meet temporary entry requirements for lodging an application as set out at E4 and the bona fide applicant requirement as set out at E5 but are exempt from:
- providing an application fee; and
- meeting funds or sponsorship requirements; and
- meeting onward travel requirements; and
- the labour market test.