- This is not current immigration instructions -
WI2.155 Thailand Working Holiday Scheme (29/11/2010)
- This scheme is available to 100 young citizens of the Kingdom of Thailand annually.
- To be eligible for a work visa under this scheme, applicants must:
- be a citizen of the Kingdom of Thailand; and
- have a minimum of NZ$7,000 available funds for their maintenance during the period of stay in New Zealand; and
- agree to hold medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance to remain in force throughout their stay in New Zealand; and
- meet the requirements at WI2.1.1(b); and
- provide a letter of support from the Thailand Office of Welfare Promotion, Protection and Empowerment of Vulnerable Groups; and
- have a tertiary qualification granted in respect of a minimum of three years' full time study; and
- have a level of proficiency in English that is assessed as at least functional.
Note: For the purpose of these instructions an applicant's proficiency in English is deemed to be at least functional if they:
~ produce evidence of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS), showing they achieved an average level of 4.5 over the four components of the test; or
~ produce evidence of having completed all primary and at least three years' secondary education where all instruction was in English; or
~ produce evidence of having completed at least five years' secondary education where all instruction was in English; or
~ produce evidence of having gained a post-secondary qualification that required at least two years' full-time study or training where all tuition was in English; or
~ are assessed by way of an interview with an INZ immigration officer who speaks fluent English.
- Successful applicants will be granted a work visa with the following conditions:
- if the applicant is outside New Zealand, first entry to New Zealand must be made within 12 months of the visa being granted, and the visa will allow work and multiple entries to New Zealand for 12 months from first arrival; or
- if the applicant is in New Zealand, the visa will allow work and multiple entry to New Zealand for 12 months.
- Participants in this scheme must not work for the same employer for a period exceeding three months.
- Applicants under this scheme must lodge their application in the prescribed manner (E4.50). Applicants may apply by using the online application system.