WI2.80 Japan Working Holiday Scheme
- This scheme is available to young citizens of Japan.
- To be eligible for a work visa under this scheme, an applicant must:
- be a citizen of Japan; and
- have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds for maintenance during their first 6 months in New Zealand; and
- meet the requirements at WI2.1.1(b).
- Successful applicants will be granted a work visa with the following conditions:
- if the applicant is outside New Zealand, first entry to New Zealand must be made within 12 months of the visa being granted, and the visa will allow work and multiple entries to New Zealand for 12 months from first arrival; or
- if the applicant is in New Zealand, the visa will allow work and multiple entry to New Zealand for 12 months.
- Participants in this scheme may enrol in one or more courses of training or study of up to 6 months' duration in total during their visit to New Zealand (see U2.5)
- Applicants under this scheme must lodge their application in the prescribed manner (E4.50). Applicants may apply by using the online application system.