- This is not current immigration instructions -
WH3.10 Supplementary Seasonal Employment (SSE) work visa instructions (29/11/2010)
People holding work visas granted under the Supplementary Seasonal Employment (SSE) instructions may undertake seasonal work in the horticulture and viticulture industries (which is planting, maintaining, harvesting or packing crops) for any employer who has a current SSE approval in principle.
WH3.10.1 Who is eligible for a SSE work visa?
- Applicants for SSE work visa must:
- be aged 18 or older; and
- meet health and character requirements as set out at A4 and A5; and
- meet the requirements for bona fide applicants as set out at E5; and
- hold a return ticket to their home country, or provide evidence of sufficient funds to purchase a return ticket.
- To be granted a visa under SSE instructions an applicant must:
- be the holder of a current temporary entry class visa in New Zealand; and
- not have previously held a TRSE or SSE work visa; and
- not have held any type of work visa since their most recent entry to New Zealand.
- SSE work visa applications will only be granted where there are available positions of employment, as determined by INZ in consultation with the Ministry of Social Development.
WH3.10.5 Currency and conditions of a SSE work visa
- SSE work visa will be granted for a period of six months.
- Work visas granted under SSE instructions will be subject to the condition that the holder may undertake work planting, maintaining, harvesting or packing crops in the horticulture or viticulture industry only, for an employer who holds a SSE approval in principle or an approval in principle granted under the former TRSE instructions.
- SSE Work visas will not include travel conditions.
Note: After the SSE work visa has been granted, it is recommended that workers who want information about the availability of work with employers who hold SSE or TRSE approvals in principle, or assistance with obtaining such work, contact a Seasonal Labour Co-ordinator in the region/s where they want to work. Contact details of Seasonal Labour Co-ordinators are available from INZ.
WH3.10.10 Applying for a work visa under SSE instructions
Applications for a SSE work visa must:
- be made on the form SSE Work Application (INZ 1153); and
- meet all the requirements under Generic Temporary Entry instructions for lodging an application for a temporary entry class visa as set out at E4; and
- meet all the requirements for eligibility under WH3.10.1.