V3.60 Pitcairn Islanders
- Pitcairn Islanders may be granted a visitor visa permitting a maximum stay of 6 months.
Note: Pitcairn Islanders are British citizens and travel on British passports.
- Pitcairn Islanders may be granted a visitor visa and entry permission to receive medical treatment, for which sponsorship by Pitcairn authorities (eg, the Pitcairn Island administration officer), undertaking costs of repatriation and payment of expenses, is acceptable.
- Immigration officers must be satisfied that Pitcairn Islanders have sufficient funds for their return passage.
V3.60.1 Pitcairn Islanders arriving without a passport
- Pitcairn Islanders who arrive in New Zealand without a passport may be:
- given a certificate of identity; and
- granted an initial 6-week visitor visa; and
- also advised to obtain a British passport.
- A further visitor visa may be granted once a British passport is produced and the certificate of identity returned.