- This is not current immigration instructions -
U3.1 Summary (29/11/2010)
See also Immigration Act 2009 s 4
- Unless otherwise specified, to be granted a student visa to attend a course of more than three months, applicants must:
- have an offer of a place in an approved course with an education provider in New Zealand that meets student visa requirements (see U3.5 and U5.1); and
- be exempted from or have paid course fees; and
- have a guarantee of accommodation (see U3.15); and
- meet the conditions set out in E3.20; and
- not be the holder of a current visitor visa granted under Guardians accompanying students to New Zealand instructions (see V3.100).
- All applicants must meet the requirements under Generic Temporary Entry Class instructions for:
- lodging an application for a temporary entry class visa as set out at E4; and
- bona fide applicants as set out at E5; and
- health and character as set out at A4 and A5.
- Applicants who have not completed, or will not be completing the course of study endorsed on their student visa and who wish to change their course of study and/or education provider must:
- meet requirements (a) and (b) above; and
- meet the requirements set out at U3.40.
Note: Applicants who are progressing to further study, for example a student in Year 13 who is progressing to tertiary studies, will not need to meet U3.40.