E2.90 Sporting contacts with Zimbabwe
- An immigration officer must not grant a temporary entry class visa and entry permission to sportspeople representing Zimbabwe or sportspeople in Zimbabwean national representative teams at all levels who are applying to enter New Zealand temporarily for the purpose of such national representation.
- Notwithstanding (a) above, Zimbabwe sportspeople representing Zimbabwe or in Zimbabwean national teams participating in international sporting tournaments hosted by New Zealand may be granted a temporary entry class visa and entry permission if:
- participation in the international sporting tournament requires travel to New Zealand; and
- the New Zealand host sporting body does not have control over the selection of participants.
- For the purpose of E2.90 'sportspeople' includes players (either competing or training), sports administrators, coaches and other personnel associated with nationally representative sports teams.