E2.10 Who may apply for a temporary visa
See also Immigration Act 2009 s 79
- The following people may apply for a temporary visa:
- a person (including a person to whom a visa waiver applies), who is outside New Zealand and who wishes to come to New Zealand for any purpose for which a temporary visa may be granted; or
- a person arriving in New Zealand and to whom a visa waiver applies; or
- a person who is in New Zealand, is the holder of a temporary visa, and is either:
- a person to whom sections 150(1) and (2) of the Immigration Act 2009 do not apply; or
- a claimant to whom section 150(3) of the Immigration Act 2009 applies (see E8.10.15).