- This is not current immigration instructions -
BH3.5 Consistency with business proposal under the Long Term Business Category (29/11/2010)
- An application under the Entrepreneur category will be declined if:
- the business on the basis of which the application is made was established while the principal applicant was holding a work visa granted under the Long Term Business Category; and
- the business is different from a business proposal (including a business proposal subsequently modified with the consent of a business immigration specialist) in respect of which the applicant was granted a work visa.
- Despite BH3.5 (a) above, an application may be approved if:
- the business that has been established would have met the requirements for a business plan under Long Term Business Category; and
- the business that has been established required the same or a greater level of capital investment than a business proposal in respect of which the applicant was granted or issued a work visa under the Long Term Business Category; and
- the applicant has relevant experience for the new business.