BC9 Validity of work visas and grant of further work visas
- Successful principal applicants under this category will be granted a 9 month work visa to allow them to establish and commence the operation of the proposed business in New Zealand.
- A further work visa may be granted for the balance of the 3 year period (i.e. 27 months) if the principal applicant applies within the validity of their current work visa and a business immigration specialist is satisfied that:
- the investment capital for the proposed business, as stated in the business plan, has been transferred direct from the principal applicant's bank account(s) through the banking system to New Zealand; and
- reasonable steps have been taken to establish or invest in the business as set out in the business plan.
- In cases where a business immigration specialist is not satisfied that the requirements of BC9(b)(ii) have been met, but that the applicant may be able to meet these requirements within a specified time, a further work visa may be granted for a period of less than 27 months to allow the principal applicant to take further steps to establish and operate the business. To be granted a further work visa at the expiry of that second period, the principal applicant must demonstrate that they meet the requirements in BC9(b)(ii) above.