SM3.1 Expressing interest in being invited to apply under the Skilled Migrant Category
See also Immigration Act 2009 ss 92, 158
See also Immigration (Visa, Entry Permission, and Related Matters) Regulations 2010, reg 9
- People notify their interest in being invited to apply for a resident visa under the Skilled Migrant Category through submission of an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the INZ in the prescribed manner. The prescribed manner for completing and submitting an EOI is that the person expressing interest submits to an immigration officer:
- the completed EOI form; and
- the appropriate fee (if any).
Note: The completed form can be submitted electronically or in paper form.
- Through completion of an EOI a person:
- provides information regarding their identity, health and character; and
- provides information about their English language ability in accordance with the requirements for English language ability set out at SM5 of these instructions; and
- claims points for employability and capacity building requirements in accordance with the employability and capacity building requirements set out at SM7 to SM19 of the Skilled Migrant Category.
- It is the responsibility of the person submitting the EOI to ensure that it is correct in all material respects.